Over the past several days guests of the Napa Truffle Fest had the opportunity to immerse themselves in a delicious Variety of Truffle Dishes created by visiting Michelin Star Chefs and Host Chef Ken Frank.
It is not too late to have your own truffle experience! Today at Copia is the Napa Truffle Festival Marketplace at Oxbow Public Market from 11am to 2pm and is Free Admission.
You can also buy fresh truffles at the event.
Pick up your own truffle and this evening make one of Chef Ken Frank‘s favorite truffle recipes – Tagliatelle Pasta with Fresh Black Truffles.
TAGLIATELLE PASTA WITH FRESH BLACK TRUFFLES
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1⁄2 lb. lardons, cut in 1⁄2” cubes (25-30 cubes), blanched first for 2-3 minutes
- 1⁄2-1 cup mushroom broth (can use vegetable broth, chicken broth or, in a pinch, water)
- 2 eggs (preferably ones that have been stored with the truffles), beaten
- Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb. fresh Tagliatelle pasta
- Sea salt
- 1 fresh black truffle (approximately 2 oz.)
Sauté lardons for about 3-4 minutes in a fry pan un l crispy on the outside.
Add broth and swirl pan to deglaze. Add egg and swirl pan again to mix ingredients.
Place fresh pasta in boiling water and cook until just al dente, drain and add to the pan.
Coarsely grate Parmesan cheese into the pan and mix all of the ingredients together.
Add salt to taste and top with shavings of fresh black truffles.